The Journey To The Centre Of My Conscience

It's a cold foggy night. I am walking on the road. All I can see is fog. I don't know what's in front and what I've behind. Because when I started walking a while a go, I decided I will never look back. The road seems familiar to my feet which walk without hesitation. Right now it seems as if they've got a mind of their own. I know this road ends somewhere and I know something else begins. However, I don't know whether to reach the next level, I'll have to jump or crawl. 
I've made an image of what that side might be like, but that image is too good to be true. 
Come to think of it, I'll reach such points in this lifetime. It's my conscience that's walking on the road. 
My feet slow down and then come to a stop. This is it. This is the edge. 
I extend my toe to feel at whatever's there. But there isn't anything. My mind panics but my body is calm and my heart beat is normal. Suddenly, my eyes droop and i'm falling asleep. By some miracle, my eyes are closed but I can watch my self. I pace about the ground for a minute and then ready myself. I walk back towards the edge and without wasting a second, jump. 
The journey to the pit is soft and easy. My legs bring themselves close to my chest and my arms hold them tight. My body prepares itself for the fall and then.........

I hear a loud splash and then everything is silent again. The water around me is still. Everything is going well. My body brings itself afloat and then I'm awake. I open my eyes slowly. The sky above is empty. There is light but I don't see the sun. There is water all about me so I decide to swim. 

I know at some point I will get tired of this but right now in this plane that is what I have to do. I know that when I get tired the water will disappear and there'll be a different plane then and I'll know what to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#ForTheSelfMade

The Post 370 Era.

Ozymandias- A King Full Of Regret