REMEMBERING THE MAHATMA

Opening the newspaper to see the date and still not realizing the significance of 2nd October, that is how ignorant we have become. And since it's a holiday we book tickets to watch the newest chick-flicks , remembering which ones have come out this week but don't   remember the real reason of the holiday . 
We exploit our freedom and use it to the fullest but forget who has granted us this free life and ended our slavery.
The Father Of The Nation. Our Bapu. Today is the day when we should recall the Mahatma, and his immortal deeds. 
We don't forget to wish our favorite film stars on twitter even though we know they probably won't see but we'll shrug shoulders if someone reminds us of bapu's birthday.

Sometimes I can see Bapu's kind eyes smiling down at me when give away something I had not been using, to the poor or when I selflessly try and help someone. On the other I see Bapu's teary eyes when he looks downs and sees a riot among the castes and the social and economic devils that slowly harm his own mother land.
Keeping that mind, this morning I prayed to God to help the people of this country and I to never let our Father down. 
So I pledge to make sure that I never bring sadness to those loving and caring eyes. Not just because he freed us but because he self-ignorantly made the country's problems his own.
Let's be the change we want to see. Let us not loose hope in our selves and the country. As Bapu said- 
"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean, if just a few drops of the are dirty, humanity does not become dirty."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#ForTheSelfMade

The Post 370 Era.

Ozymandias- A King Full Of Regret